This article applies to:
- Troubleshooting/Data Ingestion
- Feature Category: Telegraf Agent (Third Party Integration)
Just as the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Proxies are continuously updated with new versions, the Telegraf agent is also constantly being updated. It's good practice to keep both the Wavefront Proxies and Telegraf agents updated to benefit from new features, performance enhancements, and bug fixes.
This KB provides installation and upgrade path information for the Telegraf agent.
Telegraf agent sends metrics to the Tanzu Observability/Wavefront Proxy either directly or through a load balancer.
The following steps are to be followed while upgrading the setup
1. Upgrade the proxy to the latest available version.
- To upgrade the proxy, follow steps mentioned here Upgrade the proxy
- Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Proxy details - Tanzu Observability Proxy
- Latest proxy release details - Proxy releases
The configuration details for various Operating Systems can be found at these links:
- Installation packages also available at https://packagecloud.io/wavefront/telegraf
- MacOS : Telegraf Configuration Mac
See also :